The Dacian ruins from the Dealul Cetăţuie ("Stronghold Hill") were visible in the XIXth century yet they are only briefly mentioned in the time's reports. With the support of V. Pârvan, D. M. Teodorescu started in 1924 the first archaeological digs on the Dealul Cetăţuie. Several areas of the fortress were investigated, including the habitation-towers on the plateau, the fortification elements and the temples.
Later, the Interwar digs were extended under the supervision of C. Daicoviciu, the fortified area and its monuments being almost entirely investigated. A close attention was given to the settlement found near the fortress hill: the inhabited terraces of Dosu Brăiţei, Coşman, Laz or Năpărţi were investigated.